Every year that passes by uncovers the many blessings that have been showered down from Heaven.

Every year that passes by uncovers the many blessings that have been showered down from Heaven.

I decided after reading the latest entries from the blogs of my children that maybe I should try my hand at this as well. It seems like everyone I know these days has started a blog of some sort. I can hear them now though saying, "but what would you write about, Mom?" It is true, once you reach a certain age your children think your life is over and you don't do anything interesting or newsworthy. I must say, most days I even feel that way. But then again, I'm not very good at journal writing so maybe this can be a way to catalog some of the things going on in my life, count my blessings along the way, and share with those I love.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

I don't know about you but for me time is a very funny thing. There are days and weeks that seem to whiz right by and then there are times that seem to just stand still. When there is something in your life that you would like to have happen, or want to have happen, or are just waiting for a certain date to just hurry up and get here...those are the times that seem to take forever to arrive. The rest of the time, at least for me, the days and weeks come and go quickly, like the passage of sand through an hour glass. For example, I remember putting my Christmas decorations away like it was yesterday yet here we are in April already. Where did the time go?

Anyway, what is my point? Well, one of those moments that I've been waiting for, hoping for, praying for, has finally arrived and with the outcome I so desperately wanted. As soon as David and I were married back in May of 2009 we immediately looked forward to the time that we would be able to be sealed in the temple. I knew that it would take some time to work through the process of having my previous sealing cancelled, but I had no idea that it had become so much more involved. After our first anniversary we went to the Bishop and asked him if he would help us start the paperwork, which he said he would. I never imagined that it would take nearly nine months to get all the papers, letters, interviews, etc. put together in order to send it off to the First Presidency of the Church. There were a few road blocks along the way that caused some tears and hurt feelings, but after much talking, prayer, fasting, and some re-writing of our letters, the package was finally submitted some time in mid to late February.


Taken on our birthday weekend
February 4-5, 2011

Since that time David and I have continued our praying and have hoped that we would receive a letter giving us the good news that we so looked forward to. After a month went by I started to get a little anxious, but we decided that maybe it didn't go out right away and we needed to be a little more patient. We also remembered that General Conference was coming up and that the First Presidency was probably very busy preparing for that as well. These past few days though, I just had a feeling that a letter was going to be showing up in the mailbox and every day I looked with anticipation. Today was that day.

We had spent a few hours down in Colonial Williamsburg walking around so David could take some pictures and so we could see the Fife and Drum Corp (see attached video). When we got home the mail was waiting for us. Inside was the letter from Salt Lake City, UT. I was nervous opening it but hopeful and so happy when I read that the cancellation of sealing had been granted as of April 4th and that David and and I were now free to be sealed in the Temple.


Video clip taken with my cell phone
Saturday, April 9, 2011

We are now making plans to go to the Washington DC Temple this coming Friday, April 15, 2011 to be sealed for Time and Eternity by my Dad in the House of the Lord. Mom, Barry and Adeana will be there, as will Bob and Susan Soderholm. I don't know if anyone else will be able to make the trip down a day early, as our Ward is going to be there on Saturday for a Ward Temple trip. We were thinking of having the sealing that day, but Mom had a conflict. As I told my children as I called to talk to each one of them, the most important thing is that David and I are there with my Dad to be sealed. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Thank you Heavenly Father for this amazing blessing in my life. There have been a lot of trials going on for us these past two years but I know that this is the beginning of wonderful things and more blessings are to come. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

As for you, David Wardell, I love you so very much and am grateful that my Heavenly Father loved me enough to bless me back in 2009 when he brought you into my life. Now you will be mine for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment